Sunday 11 May 2014

Push By Claire Wallis............


                                                 

Synopsis ~ I feel like I am wrapped in a cyclone. Everything is whirling around me, drawing the air out of my lungs and filling me with the best kind of turmoil. Every time his tongue slides against mine, a prickle in my gut tells me how right we are together. How much I need David. How much I need us.
I hope the cyclone never stops.
Emma Searfoss has spent a lifetime trying to escape her abusive stepfather. It's why she moved far away from home. It's why she's kept no ties with her remaining family. And it's why she's got a major rage problem. When her neighbor shows up to fix the kitchen in her new apartment, his enigmatic charm calms the fire in her. David is cool and collected, and he makes Emma feel safe for the first time ever. But David has his own chilling past—his six previous girlfriends have all disappeared without a trace. Emma's walking a dangerous line, but David's pull is intoxicating. And impossible to resist…

FIVE STAR'S! *****

Oh My GOD! I don't even no where to start with this book. It has left me with my mouth hanging open like a fool days after reading it. I just can't get my head around it! I LOVED it. Like maybe a bit much. BUT if you asked me what happened all I could say is READ IT! Read it and make up your own mind because mine has gone walk abouts since I finished this. I had like a million different ways this book was gonna go. AND none of them happened. It sucked me in then slapped me up side the head and now I feel....... GAH! That's how I feel. The synopsis grabbed me straight away and the book was.....NO WORDS! You Claire Wallis are a freaking genius!!!!

The book has two main characters Emma and David. To say they both have a past in an understatement. The demons they are fighting are so big, no matter how far they run there right there with them.

Emma's demons come from her childhood home. And in the form of three men, her step dad and two brothers. My hatred for these f**kers is unreal. The stuff that happens that surrounds them is UGH horrific. Her mam is around. But she's so broken from Emma's dad dying she might as well not me. But Emma is a tough chick as you will see. She doesn't make things easy on herself where her step dad is concerned, but I love that about her! She has sass and spunk and she may have to deal with this shit up bringing but she's not gonna take it lying down!

She finally gets away, straight to college is her solice. She vows never to go back to her childhood home, and nor does she. So living her own adult life outta college is where she meets David....

God I don't even no what to say about David. He is not an easy book to read. He keeps EVEYTHING so close to his chest. Not wanting to share a whole lot. It felt at one point that she could've got blood from a stone quicker then get info outta him! But no matter how tight lipped he is, she see's herself in him. He is her other half. Both all sorts of f**ked up. They drift to one another as soon as they meet, and she fall's for him so easy.... But David has a REALLY messed up past. You will see when reading it, so I won't say what. But as you see from the synopsis it is not pretty.

There are some chapters in the book that will have you needing to put the book down just so you can say WTF and get your head around it.

I would give this book more then five *'s if I could. You know what I am!

DOUBLE FIVE STARS! **********

And yes this book does end on the mother of all cliffy's. BUT if there was ever a cliffy that was worth reading the book for it is this!

Please one click and see what I mean. And happy reading. May Emma and David leave you as messed up as they did me ;) LOL!

Facebook page ~ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Claire-Wallis/423164901140011?fref=ts

Book Link ~  http://amzn.to/1ijtCUY

No comments:

Post a Comment