Monday 1 September 2014

Love Discovered In New York


Synopsis
The Rebel
Mya Washington is a rebel. Or at least, that’s what her family has always said. As the youngest of a set of triplets, she has always been the more rebellious of the three…even though she never considered herself a rebel.

Outspoken? Yes.

Rule Breaker? Sometimes.

Trouble Maker? Nev—occasionally.

Growing tired of being typecast and misunderstood, Mya moves to New York looking for a fresh start away from the life she grew up in and out of the shadow of her older sisters. Striking out on her own may have put a strain on the family dynamic, but it's the new beginning Mya was looking for.

But after the unexpected death of her mother, she is blindsided yet again by a wedding invitation she didn’t see coming. Her father’s upcoming marriage only cements the wall she’s put up around her heart. Because if her father could be such an utter disappointment, why should she even attempt to open up to any man?

Enter Colton Davis.



Review
Let me begin by saying just how pleased I was to see that three of my favourite authors have come together and joined forces to create the Washington Triplets series ,,, I think this is an awesome idea and love that I've been able to read the first book already

Book one is this ,,, Love Discovered in New York and written by Danielle Allen ,,, this is the rebellious triplet ,,, Mya ,,, she is a triplet and although they may be identical in their appearance they are far from it in their personality ,,, she speaks her mind, stands up for what she believes is right, she has a feisty streak and knows the difference between right and wrong ,,, BUT she feels like she is lacking in some way ,,, always referred to as rebellious and her sisters were the more quiet and reserved in comparison ,,, however when she has been referred to throughout her life the terms used could be taken in more than one way ,,, is it possible that when she felt like the failure, the disappoint, that in fact she wasn't?

,,, unfortunately she is also aware of loss ,,, and of betrayal ,,, this comes in the form of her father ,,, the betrayal she has witnessed has left her closed off more so than she already was ,,, when you've grown believing in a strong relationship and to see how easily it can be moved on from causes a lack of faith in relationships and love ,,, she doesn't do love ,,, or relationships ,,, hell no to a spooning no matter how hot he is ,,, na ah ha ,,, not this chica ,,, she gets what she wants and what she needs and so easily walks away ,,, she has no time for all of those extras

AND THEN ,,,, Carlton rolls in to her work place and the sparks will literally be flying all around ,,, sparks? ,,, make that fireworks ,,, seriously these two together could put a display to shame ,,, it's smoking ,,, H.O.T ,,, Carlton is the first person that can see Mya for who she is ,,, not who they want her to be ,,, not 1 of 3 identical people ,,, not who she pretends to be ,,, HE SEES HER ,,, and she is in a place she never expected to be EVER ,,, so what will she do?

Don't think that things are all sweet in this story ,,, there is a bitch ,,, there's always a bitch that follows these hotties and annoys the panties off us girlies ,,, she is one you'll wanna sock in the face ,,, once ,,,, or twice

You find out a little about the other two sisters too giving you a little insight as to what they are like too

This book is written really well ,,, it flows real nice ,,, an easy and enjoyable read that you'll struggle to put down ,,, AWESOME ,,, and I highly recommend :)



Meet Danielle

I am a married event planner and life coach. My awesome friends and family and my amazing husband make my life sweet. I love to have fun and enjoy the life I’ve been blessed with. I love shopping and football with equal fervor. I’m an amateur movie critic (i.e. my husband and I watch and critique a lot of movies for fun). I love to read and I enjoy sharing my love of books with anyone who will listen. I love music. A good lyric with a good melody can paint a vivid picture and invoke such a range of emotions. I have a soft spot for most mediums of creative, artistic expression.
With degrees in psychology, human services, and marriage and family counseling, I have a unique perspective on life, love and the pursuit of happiness. As an author, I combine an active imagination and life experiences to create stories that are easily relatable and intentionally intriguing. I want to offer you a peek into someone else’s life and for you to get lost in their story, their trials, their triumphs. My ultimate goal is to create a character or a story that stays with you long after you’ve put the book down.
So in a nutshell: I plan. I teach. I read. I write. I watch. I critique. I shop. I play. I love.
To know me is to love me.

Stalk Danielle
Webpage: http://www.authordanielleallen.com/
Back to Life Facebook Page:  https://www.facebook.com/BacktoLifeSeries






*Goodreads (For the entire The Washington Triplets Series):*



Love Grows in Alaska
Releases September 15, 2014
Releases October 1, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment